back in the swing

well, I didnt make it to yoga like I (tentatively) planned... I got a call from my dearest and bestest, Erikita ♥
Instead, I went for a run in the rain, and it was glorious!!

I normally don't have any desire to run in the rain but this was more of a (typical) Portland drizzle and my legs were ready to run -- and I've learned that I have the best runs when they're organic like that, rather than planned or forced.

I was a little nervous, though, honestly; I hadnt run for a long time, mostly because the last time -- the last two times, actually -- I did, I had a minor case of shin-splints and knew I needed some new running shoes but just havent done it yet (that was actually one of my errands that I didnt get around to today) so I was anticipating some shin pain on my first stride and expected to accept a shorter run because of it..... but nothing.
Wonderful!
I felt great and kept going - 2.5 miles ain't bad after such a long hiatus - and I didnt even mind the rain! And it was great for my hip/shoulder that has been troubling me, too. so double- (triple-?) bonus.

I came home and stretched for a long time and showered quickly and by then I was huuuun-GRY!
so I had my soup I prepped earlier (by the way, I had an oat muffin and half banana after lunch and then half a piece of bread with almond butter an hour before I ran- just so you know that I am eating) but added lots of un-frozen spinach, and had a few carrots with a few dips of hummus while I waited for it to heat. Plus a few more carrots with dinner, added some tomato halfway through the soup for added flavor, and an apple for "dessert" (and added a few bites of almond butter, also halfway through because I was still feeling the tiniest bit hungry.

Going to the Farmer's Market tomorrow to fill up my fridge with lots of delicious fruits and vegetables so Im not eating the exact same thing everyday!

Comments

Popular Posts