Savor

I LOVE Savor Soup House.

Lately Ive been having cravings for things and then, after satisfying the craving, am disappointed by the actual taste not measuring up.

Working right next to the food carts is so great. I usually bring my lunch but Thursdays are generally reserved for indian-spiced lentil soup - it is as delicious as it sounds (though lately it has also been affected by said taste-letdown).

Today, I had this intense craving for a sandwich and didn't know where to go as I was worried that the same thing would happen. I wanted a fat, hot, giant sandwich that would satisfy both hunger and taste-buds. So I googled "best sandwich" and looked at a couple menus for places around the office, but nothing really jumped out at me.

I decided to walk over the Pazzo's bakery (Pazzoria, if you will) a couple blocks away, thinking that there would be plenty of options there. There were - it is such a fantastic bakery, full of fresh bread and treats (I got an amazing chocolate chip cookie that has restored my faith in non-homemade cookies after many disappointments) but their sandwich options were just not going to cut it. There was a kind of super-meat sandwich, a couple others that didn't sound appetizing, and then a grilled cheese.

While, normally I prefer not to buy something that I could easily make (and probably enjoy more) at home, I supposed that a grilled cheese did fall under the 'sandwich' category. But I could get one, with my soup, at Savor for only $2 more. So I adjusted my plans and headed to the carts.

Waiting in line at the noon-hour rush, a man a few spaces in front of me ordered the lentil. My ears perked up as I heard an "Im sorry about that...." from inside the cart and man-in-line changed his order to one of the other options-of-the-day.

But before I could get disappointed about it, I glanced over to see two girls sitting at the solitary sidewalk table, taking bites out of a beautifully crunchy sandwich. I studied the menu; yep. Turkey, pesto, provolone, tomato and lettuce. THAT was what I was going to get.

And mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnn. It hit. the. spot!

While I was waiting for my perfect sandwich to be prepared, I discovered there was a new (possibly? I think.... maybe?) Turkish döner kebap place right next door and decided that next week, I'm going to try a new food cart everyday. Ill let you know which ones I choose. Until then, if you find yourself on SW 9th and Alder, try the 'taproot' sandwich from Savor (and let me know since I work on the next block!)

Comments

Popular Posts