reunited with an old love.


Being so busy these past few weeks, I haven't been running. I've been wanting to run - craving it - but too tired, too cold, too hungry.... (all the wintery excuses that get in the way.)

But tonight, after too many weeks of eating too much junk, my body was starting to feel tight and achy, like I could feel it all hardening around my joints, stuck and unable to escape through my non-existent sweat.

I was going to run after work tonight, but then it was raining afterwards, so I went to the gym and did the elliptical --- and it felt awesome!
Although I started to get tired at the end, there was a good movie on and I felt like I could stay on forever. After I was done, I still had this strong urge to run so I decided to just trot around the neighborhood a bit.

I started out and it. felt. so. good.

Not too long after, I was out of breath, had a slight pain in my side, an inkling of shin splints but I LOVED every minute of it! I kept changing my route to go a little farther, but stayed pretty close-by so that, just in case I got too tired all the sudden, I wouldn't be too far away.

But I just kept going. And I was trucking!


I rediscovered my love, and my motivation was renewed. and I am going to try not to let forget it this time.

Comments

Popular Posts