back in the kitchen again

I havent cooked in a LONNNNNG time and it's so good to be back.

I spent all day (literally 7+ hours) chopping vegetables, stirring batter, listening to a great mix (that didn't finish until I was - how perfect!) and it felt like a sanctuary. I really needed a 'me' day to just be alone and rejuvenate.

Although, I didnt get the other things done that I really wanted to, like my taxes, or setting up my new bank account, it was worth it.
And now I actually have food to eat that I dont have to buy! :)


I was also thinking while I was cooking that I think the aroma of garlic and mushrooms sauteing on the stove is definitely one of my favorite smells.
But I cant say it's my all time favorite smell because there are so many (and I have a problem with choosing favorites): freshly baked bread, cookies baking (which I also made and am now enjoying the smell of!), fresh rosemary.....

What are your favorite smells?

Comments

Popular Posts