today, and the here and now

I walked to work today. It was sunny... in December.... and it was fabulous. Freezing. But fabulous. I want to take advantage of every dry moment I have; they won't last forever. 

I was thinking today, as I was car-less, how it is simultaneously freeing and isolating.

I love walking but it is strange to compare the time it takes to get to arrive at the same place using these different methods of transportation. In that sense, it feels debilitating, like I was trapped in a way; like I could not go anywhere because of my lack of easy transportation.

Which is just silly. I still walked a mile to get my lunch...
It's like having to re-learn this basic human element. Such a strange concept.


This really doesn't have any importance (or excitement) other than the fact that I was thinking it would be a fun experiment to write/reflect/memorialize every day for a year - and wondering what that would look like.

Sometimes I feel like nothing happens in a day but a lot of things happen, I just don't recognize or remember them.

my goal for this next year is to be more present.
which sounds like a contradiction... planning to be more present, but oh well.

I think that being more present will help me recognize and appreciate things more every day.
my goal is to write something every day - taking the time each night to reflect on the day, my mood, the happenings.

hmmm. We'll see. it's just a thought :)

Comments

Popular Posts