a luxuriously wonderful day

Yesterday was a truly wonderful day.... ♥

I started it out by getting a haircut, which is always great. If you dont know me, I LOVE my hair
played with so a haircut is pretty much the best thing. I went to the Aveda beauty school, so its also cheaper, plus, and they gave me a hand and scalp massage before the haircut! glorious :)

Then I had about an hour to kill so I went to visit my darling, Liz, at work and, bonus, ran into Jason, and Katie was working too. so got my friend face time in, and got a drink at the same time :)

So, a few weeks ago, I went to a Craft "Show of Awesome," a kind of fair of local artisans selling and advertising their goods and talents. It really was awesome: I am always in awe of the creativity of these artists!

Anyway, I signed up to be added to the mailing list and soon after got an email for a "going green" workshop, and since Im pretty much eco-CRAZY, I signed up. ...and that was the next stop on yesterday's adventure.

I later realized that its focus was on the business-end, aimed at up-and-coming artisans, particularly those interested in selling on etsy.com. I considered not going but I figured there was still something I could get out of it...and what else did I have to do?? (and it was free)

It was definitely very interesting and I do feel I learned a lot of good tips for future business endeavors (whatever they may be). It also reenforced my interest in the topic and increased my knowledge, especially of what to do with unwanted household items that are seemingly unwanted and useless but could be put to great use with the right set of eyes,... and right brain.

And it was incredible to see the end products that were so beautifully created from discarded and unwanted scraps:

yes, this IS a purse made of of ties..

By that time, I was famished so I went home and fixed myself a delicious burrito, which I think I could eat every single day (and do, most of the time), and had some chocolate-mint coconut ice cream... heavenly. ♥

Funnily enough, Tarah needed to get a haircut too so I went with her back to Aveda for her 3:15 appointment (before our 4:45 pedicures) and just lounged around in the sun, read my book and made some phone calls until she was done.
She, and her hair, looked so beautiful, I just couldnt help but take a picture....which turned into a photo shoot... on the street....with many more photos than these.
Mom met us downtown and we all went together to finally get the pedicures we bought her for Mother's Day. We never get pedicures - I never even paint my nails - so it was a real treat, and a fun thing for us girls to do all together. ♥
Then we grabbed some dinner at my favorite place, Laughing Planet, and came home ending in more photo-shooting action before I was off again.

The Avett Brothers were playing at McMenamins' Edgefield and I talked to OMN about covering the show but the tickets were not easy to come by... so I went anyway. I met an old friend from high school there, whose intention was the same: to not spend $40 on the concert, so we just stood outside and listened from afar....which was just fine by me! :)

They were as great as their recordings, and it was a very nice evening, even though we (I) got there late and by the time we found each other and got me a beer, the Avetts were almost finished playing. Then his roommate, who had a ticket met us and we all went inside, with the rest of the masses, and played darts and drank and talked and laughed.

A very good day, indeed. ♥

Comments

Popular Posts