day off

I took the day off today.

Not from work...
I had my first day off in 38 on Friday and it might have been the only one in just as long.
I took the day off from working out.

I was excessively tired and insatiably hungry today
(I probably didn't refuel adequately after my 3-mile run last night -- oops. I was too tired and went to bed instead) so, although my back is a little tight and my body is craving some movement, I took the day off and declared it a rest day.

I've been on an ass-kicking "plan" for no-slack November but it does no good to kill myself in the process. Everyone needs a day off....

I felt tired for most of the day yesterday as well but was craving a run
(even though I couldn't muster the energy during the day).
Finally at 9pm I set out for a run and I felt AMAZING afterward (I always do).
(3miles in 27minutes , thankyouverymuch- which included the time I did stairs and lunges up the hill, adding time but not mileage.)

I stretched for a long time, but then I was so exhausted that I just fell into bed and to sleep almost immediately. But it was already past 11, which, sad as it sounds, is too late to be up when I have to be up at 5:45 (or 6, although the alarm wakes me at 5:40).

Tonight, around 6pm, really all I wanted was to go to bed.
But I had to finish my article so I stayed up and out.
But then I didn't do anything productive because I was too tired to really focus.
(I've given up caffeine after noon in order (to attempt) to improve my iron absorption)

So now it's almost 10pm and I'm in bed, about to turn out the light and go to bed.
I haven't finished my article (I'm sorry CY!) but I'm thinking a good night's sleep will rejuvenate me enough to finish it in the morning....

Check one off for the NSN challenge goal!

Comments

Popular Posts