Tending the Garden

Mom just had foot surgery. ...well, a couple weeks ago now.
She is a devoted gardener and is having a very hard time not being out in it taking care of the "jungle" of so many flowers everyday. so I "offered" (in the sense that she asked me to, and reluctantly agreed) to water and trim the flowers in the garden while she was on "disability" for several weeks.

While I won't become a gardener anytime soon (at least not in the grand scale of mom's garden), I can see how people enjoy it! It is very relaxing and it brings out my perfectionistic side: once I start, I want to get all the dead ones off to make it look beautiful again!

and I LOVE arranging flowers that I cut and bring in. I don't necessarily want to be a florist but I would really enjoy being a flower arranger on the side :)

It was pretty fun at first but it is so time-consuming and often I have so many other things going on I can't get out there 'til early evening and then the mosquitos attack me, which is not fun. And then it became sort of a task -
something I was required to do, rather than something I actually wanted to do, which is when I lose all interest.

So... long story short: I don't have as much of a black thumb as I feel I used to have but definitely don't have a green one! I like it best when I can just cut some beautiful flowers to bring in without having to do all the extra work :)

But it allowed me to take some great photos at the same time so I can't complain!

Comments

Popular Posts