Hello there!

Hello!
I have been meaning to start this blog for quite a while now...but you know how these things go.
The first post is always the hardest, and most awkward, but I would like to share life's little excitements each day (or most days) and this is the best way to do that. I hope you enjoy this as much as I think I will!

Meanwhile, we got our Christmas tree! Dad has always gotten a tree provided by his work, but this year we (Tarah and I) decided we wanted to go out and cut down our own tree.
So Sunday afternoon Dad, Tarah and I drove out to Estacada, got our permit, and continued on into Mt. Hood National Forest.
The Clackamas river was frozen in places, as well as the waterfalls along the road, and it was beautiful!
After traveling 3000 feet up the mountain, stopping several times to explore the 'backcountry' for a worthy tree, we finally spotted a cluster of Christmas-y trees as we were headed back down to the highway in defeat.
Though sparse and very Charlie Brown-esque, our tree is adorable and exactly what we had been searching for. The forest definitely does not produce the 'perfect' trees you see at the lots and u-cut farms and that is just wonderful.


Comments

Popular Posts