I used to be afraid, I was petrified....


I used to be afraid of spiders. Not just afraid; terrified. And even when I was afraid of them, I never understood the fear of these tiny little creatures.... yet it didnt make the fear any less prevalent.

I used to make Tarah kill them for me, as she would sigh and groan at my ridiculousness. Until finally she refused to do it for me anymore. Now, Im not afraid of them anymore, and Im positive that it is because she made me face my fear of them and not let it be a huge, looming, untouchable fact, that I am now longer afraid.

This morning, I saw a (pretty large) spider crawling on the floor in my room, and calmly grabbed an empty cup that was in my room and scooped it up and took it outside...only to see another spider hanging down from the ceiling in the hallway, with which I did the same, and went about my business as if nothing happened.

I wont say anymore, because Im about to get too mushy saying how prouuuuud I am of myself, and how Tarah made it all happen..... but thats all true ♥

Comments

Popular Posts