plans change. life is funny that way....

Well, Im a nanny now.

That is not the direction I saw my life taking, but that is just how this crazy world happens sometimes.

After too many months of being unemployed and wishing something would just "fall in my lap" - something *did* just fall in my lap... just not the something I wanted or hoped for.

But I love the kinder, I do.
I hung out with them today and they are fantastic. so smart and cute and funny.
I told the seven year old boy that he was funny and he asked me why. I told him he just was. and he said, "Im not even in funny mode right now!"
my heart.

I really think Im going to love it.

I felt really conflicted about it and debated over it for a lonnnng time.
How does this fit into developing my skills? it's not in my (non-existent) "life plan" to take this year ....off, essentially.
Im 27 -- Ill be 28 when my "contract" is over.

but Im not really in a position to be turning down anything. and especially not anything like this.

the hours are pretty amazing as well.... 7-9am and then again from 3-6pm. monday-friday.
I still have evenings and weekends and I still have a huge chunk of personal time during the day. ...to run, to write, to run errands, to do an internship, possibly, or take a class or two... whatever I want!
pretty perfect.

I really do think Im really going to love it.

Comments

Popular Posts