this has never happened before...

Im training for Hood to Coast, which is in just over two weeks, in which each person on our 12-person relay team runs three legs of the 200 miles from Mt. Hood to the Oregon Coast (Seaside). We run continuously for 24-hours straight (each of us having short breaks in between when we're not running) so some of those times will be in the middle of the night and some times it will be in the middle of the sweltering August sun (luckily this year is not so sweltering!!)

SO, because of that, I have been trying to go out for runs during the middle of the day to acclimate myself to running during the heat and mid-day sunshine, rather than just in the mornings or evenings like I normally do.

Tonight there is an organized HTC training run through Fit Right NW, with either 5k or 10k distances to run with others and on a set course.

I was/am planning on running it but I dont feel ready for the 10k and wanted to practice running multiple legs a day. So I decided I would do the 5k tonight and just set out to do about 2-miles around the neighborhood now. Easy enough... I did a mid-day (noon) run yesterday and felt great so I figured 3pm wouldnt be tooo much different.

Well, I definitely needed to bring my camelbak, and I definitely didnt feel as strong, but that happens. I was almost back (on my way back), stopped to walk and as I did, the palms of my hands started itching violently. and then my fingers and even my wrists.

I was pretty sweaty at this point, but not that much more than usual..

Comments

Popular Posts