punch-dancing


confession: I love ridiculous movies and shows.

Anchorman, Zoolander, the Colbert Report, The Office,
Parks and Recreation, Flight of the Conchords, Napoleon Dynamite.
Oh, and all 80's movies (automatically ridiculous)

When I first saw Napoleon Dynamite, I laughed through the entire movie and then proceeded to watch it again immediately afterwards. definitely high on my favorites list.

I could never choose an absolute favorite because there are just too many variables in terms of my mood, but in the past week I've seen two movies that come dangerously close to becoming my all-time favorites (tied with each other as of now because I can't choose between them yet)

Adventures of Power
and


Hot Rod
awkward characters, ridiculous plot-lines full of ambitious goals, perfect amounts of cheesiness and '80's music. and, best of all, amazingly quotable one-liners.
so extremely wonderful.

Again, I seriously laughed through the whole thing (each time) and declared them right then and there (separately after seeing each) that they are new favorites.


OK. how can you *NOT* love these clips?!
(oh... just me???)


Adventures of Power:




Hot Rod:







AMAZING!



And can I please just say I LOVE when movies and shows parody an originally awesomely ridiculous (but meant to be serious and dramatic) scene from a classic movie.

Like the angry dance scene in Footloose...


compared to the original:



and this one is extra-ridiculous but I died laughing so I had to add it. :)


p.s. Im not sure how I feel about them remaking Footloose. (...but I will definitely watch it to decide. :))

Comments

Popular Posts