dirty fucking smokers: a rant

I actively choose not to smoke cigarettes. Not because it's expensive (even though it is) or because it's addicting (even though it is) or because it's disgusting (even though it is) - but because I don't want to fill my lungs with filth and garbage and risk lung cancer or emphysema. I am very particular about what I put in my body and disgusting chemicals that have absolutely no benefits and only detriments are not welcome anywhere near me.

Just because you fucking don't care about your heath or your lungs or the longevity of your life DOES NOT MEAN YOU CAN JEOPARDIZE MINE! You fucking selfish asshole.

When I came home from Germany back to the states and was old enough to go out to bars, I remember I would go out places for fun but would come home REEKING of cigarette smoke so badly I would have to hang my jackets outside to let them air out for days because the smell was so bad. Soon, I refused to attend any events that would likely be smoke-filled because I could not handle it, and it just wasn't worth it.

I was so happy when Oregon passed a law in 2009 that people could not smoke indoors -- I could finally participate in social activities again!

Why is it OK to smoke heavily on a (closed/covered) patio when it's illegal to smoke indoors?? It's the same fucking thing. My lungs are equally filled with disgusting fucking smoke and my hair and clothes are equally fucking disgustingly saturated. It's as if this law never existed in the first place.

WHY DO I HAVE TO SIT INSIDE JUST TO KEEP MY LUNGS CLEAN!? Why do you disgusting fucking smokers get to enjoy the lovely patio just because you want to kill yourself with disgusting fucking fire-activated chemicals?!

Do whatever you want, it's a free fucking country but do not put my life endanger or ruin my experience because of your selfish fucking decisions!

I just got home from this place with a great patio with a bunch of friends and had to 1) leave early because I was getting a headache from the smoke 2) had to take a shower and wash my clothes as soon as I got home because I was so smelly and 3) I cannot stop hacking as if I need to expel my lung from my body because it is fucking full of disgusting fucking smoke.

AHHJHHHHHHHH! I'm SO ANGRY about this!

Comments

Popular Posts